Designated as a World Heritage treasure by UNESCO, Old Québec is the only fortified city north of Mexico, with five stunning gates still standing today. As you stroll through the charming cobblestone streets, you will think you are in an old European village full lively music, art and restaurants.
Québec City Jean Lesage International Airport, (YBQ) is 16 km (10 miles) away from downtown Québec City. Taxis are easily available for direct transport directly to Hotel Le Concorde Quebec.
On foot: Québec City’s historical Upper Town and Lower Town districts are easy to explore on foot. Hotel Le Concorde will provide maps with suggested walking tours.
Taxis: Québec has many taxi stands in the city, or you can call one of these companies to send you a car (the hotel will also call you a taxi upon request).
Taxi Coop Québec 418-525-5191
Taxi Coop Sainte-Foy-Sillery 418-653-7777
Car rentals: Quebec offers most major care rental companies, which can be a practical way to visit areas beyond downtown, such as Île d’Orléans, Côte-de-Beaupré, Jacques-Cartier, and Portneuf regions.
Things to do:
Québec is a wonderful city, full of things to see! Many activities and attractions are within walking distance from Hotel Le Concorde in beautiful Old Québec, others are an easy drive away.
- Old Québec: Walk along the fortified walls surrounding thisUNESCO World Heritage Site and admire the view from many different vantage points. Visit various notable historical sites, such as Petit-Champlain District, Place Royale, the Plains of Abraham and the Parliament Building. As you stroll along the Dufferin Terrace, you will marvel at the view of the St Lawrence River from the world-famous Château Frontenac.
- Montmorency Falls: Just a short 15 minute drive from the hotel is the stunning Parc de la Chute-Montmorency, with a waterfall 30 meters higher than Niagra Falls! Ride the gondala, climb the scenic stairway, cross the suspension bridge or simply have lunch at the charming outdoor restaurant . Thrill seekers will love the double zipline crossing the waterfall!
- Île d’Orléans: Driving around Île d’Orléans is like a trip back in time to 18th century rural Québec, complete with centuries-old villages, farms, churches, and heritage homes. Just a short drive from the hotel, you will feel a world away, as you visit the many artisan outlets and farm stands around the island for a delicious taste of local products.
- Musée national des beaux-arts du Québechouses a reference collection of more than 38,000 works—a comprehensive overview of Québec art from the 17th century to the present day. The museum spans 4 pavilions in the center of the magnificent Plains of Abraham, an easy walk from the hotel.
- Aquarium du Québecis spectacularly located overlooking the St. Lawrence River. Visit the Awesome Ocean Discovery tunnel to check out the creatures that inhabit the depths of the Pacific, and find out about Québec’s rivers and streams too. Make acquaintances with marine mammals like polar bears, walruses, and several species of seals.
- Wendake: Immerse yourself in the traditions of the Huron-Wendat Nation where history takes you back to the 17th century. Dance performances, tales, and legends are your window into the collective imagination of this People, while the Huron-Wendat Museum, the local craft shops, and an authentic Huron restaurant invite you to discover the Nation’s culture and traditional skills.
Additionally, consider visiting the Quebec City Tourism website for great diversion and itinerary suggestions.